Monday, October 6, 2008

Week 4 - NSW Public Libraries Web 2.0

I think RSS feeds and Newreaders are great. They help to save time and effort by bringing new information and pictures from sites and blogs that I am interested in to the one place where I can quickly review any updates. I have chosen a number of library blogs and sites to help keep me more up to date with new innovations and changes that take place in the industry. I have also chosen the Humor Power site as this will help me with Toastmasters.

I think that our library could use RSS feeds to help keep our patrons up to date with events and news from the library. It could be a good tool to help bring patrons in more often as they read about the attractions we have to offer.

I like the Librarian.net site as it has some interesting information. It is also laid out very well utilising simple uncluttered layout. This is important on any site or blog because people want to find information quickly and easily. This is because we are trying to fit more into our lives today.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

RSS is great - and it sounds like you are having fun with it.

Ellen (PLS)